Website Analysis Customer Journey Infographic
- 6 min read
- Karla Sambolić
A website analysis is the first step to a website redesign or optimization. To better unrstend what is meant by it, we have created this website audit customer journey Infographic. You can also find some frequently asked qustions that we have anwsered.
1.What is a website analysis?
Website analysis determines if your website is optimized to achieve its goals or not and how you can improve its performance. It is a complete analysis of everything related to the visibility of your website in search engines.
2. What exactly is being analyzed?
We check your website for SEO errors and missed opportunities. We analyze the technical side of your website. We also do a content rating.
3. Why should one do a website analysis?
You can assess how well your website is performing in terms of lead generation and conversions. You can discover missed opportunities to turn visitors into leads and optimize your landing pages to increase conversions. We will analyze all aspects of your website and make suggestions for improving the rankings, traffic and conversions of your website.
4. What does a website analysis look like?
A website analysis can be done in two parts, before and after the page is online.
5. What should you check before activating the website?
Here is the checklist of things to check:
- Google Analytics – We check that Google Analytics is configured correctly for your website.
- Google Search Console – We check that the Google Search Console is up and running and make sure it’s also connected to Google Analytics.
- Schema.org – We check if your content is defined by schema microdata.
- Favicon – We check if the right favicon has been placed for your website.
- Forms – We check that all forms on your site are working correctly and test whether the submitted forms send emails to the correct address.
- Language code – We check if the language code on your website is set correctly.
- Page 404 – We check if the 404 page is displayed correctly.
- Website load time – We check how fast your website is loading.
- RSS – We check if your RSS works correctly
- Search bar – If your site uses the search feature, we’ll check if it works properly and finds the content you’re looking for on your site.
- Text Style Check – We check if the used font size and the font style are identical on all pages.
- Compatibility with Social Media Sites – We verify that your content is compatible with sharing on social media sites. We test how your links are displayed there.
- Device Compatibility – We check if your website works on different devices.
- Compatibility with web browsers – We check if your website works in different web browsers.
6. What should you check after publishing the website?
As already mentioned, the analysis consists of 4 phases:
- the technical phase,
- the SEO phase,
- the UX phase,
- and the conversion phase.
7. What is the technical phase?
The technical phase is an extension of the tests you did before the website was published. All these tests should be done again after the website is live and you should test these two things:
Registered users – We check if users can easily register and log in to your website.
Activate Comments – We check if the commenting works properly.
8. What is the SEO phase?
An SEO TEST includes:
- Url Check – We check if the URL structure is clean and without unnecessary paths and icons.
- H1 Title Tag – We check if you are using proper H1 Title Tags, this will show search engines what your site is about.
- Meta Descriptions – We check if you have a custom meta description
- XML Sitemap – We’ll check if you’ve created an XML Sitemap and integrated it into Google Search Console
- Images ALT Text – We check if images have suitable ALT texts
9. What is the UX phase?
Basic user experience testing includes tracking the customer journey on the landing page through to the conversion action. This is the best way to understand the behavior of your users. It is encouraging to change the site elements according to the user experience test.
Here AB Testing can be very useful. With AB Test you can track performances of different versions of the landing page. The version with the better performance should then be published.
10. What is the conversion phase?
The goal of this test is to make conversions easier and faster for your visitors.
We track the results of conversions to determine how many visitors are getting conversions, what landing pages they come from, how many pages are being viewed on average, and what metrics are important to your conversion goals. This will give you a good overview of what should be adjusted for better conversion rate results.
Contact us if you feel like you need some help or more information!
How Content Marketing Works
If you are an owner of a business and want to stand out from the competition, content marketing is something you should really put your efforts in. As we all know, traditional marketing strategies are becoming less effective on a daily basis. That is because the world has basically moved online, so marketing had to…
Magento 2 product categories
Product categories are key to building an effective catalog and user navigation to help customers find the products they want as easily as possible.The user category structure in the main menu can affect user experience and performance. As a best practice, it is usually best to identify one top category and avoid that there are…
SEO Link building
When it comes to SEO, there are numerous things you can do to improve your ranking on search engines. One of the most important parts of SEO – and simultaneously one of the hardest – is SEO Link building. You want to create a network of links on other sites (backlinks) that lead back to…
What to do if you end up on the Yandex Blacklist
Yandex is a russian international corporation specializing in internet services and products. It is incorporated in the Netherlands and primary used by the public in Russia. Yandex is ranked as the 4th largest search engine in the world. Yandex’s main competitors on the Russian market are Google, Mail.ru, and Rambler.Yandex Safe BrowsingYandex Safe Browsing verifies…